Smoke and toxins from house fires.

November 26 2016
Did you know?

Smoke is made up of a complex mixture of gases and fine particles produced when materials burn. The biggest health threat from smoke comes from fine particles. These microscopic particles can get into your respiratory system, where they can cause health problems and illnesses such as bronchitis. Fine particles can also aggravate chronic heart and lung diseases and have even been linked to premature deaths in people with these conditions.

We all know what smoke is, but how does it harm us?

The simple answer is that it contains toxic gases that can be deadly.
The most common, carbon monoxide (CO), can be deadly even in small quantities as it replaces oxygen in the bloodstream. Todays modern materials are great and have given us choice and convenience.

However with these modern materials come a plethora of chemicals and more toxicity especially once these materials burn. Hydrogen cyanide results from the burning of plastics, such as PVC pipe, and interferes with cellular respiration. Phosgene is formed when household products, such as vinyl and other synthetic materials are burned.

At high levels Phosgene can cause pulmonary edema and death.
We all have these materials in todays modern household, so let's be prepared if the worst ever does happen.

The Saver has proven technology that can remove these toxins and prevent them from entering into our respiratory system.